Below is a funny — well, maybe not all that funny — list of reasons not to learn multimedia skills. For those toiling in the trenches to finish your multimedia projects, at least you’re doing it.
Top 10 Reasons Not to Learn Multimedia Skills :: 10,000 words :: multimedia, online journalism news and reviews
After reading a post from fave blog The Editorialiste commenting on the troubles of budding multimedia journalists, I understand. Multimedia is hard. Its different. Thats why I’ve written a list of reasons why you shouldn’t bother with multimedia.
1. The extra hours spent on multimedia will preempt any pressing games of Solitaire.
2. Backpack journalism requires backpacks…which are heavy.
3. Asking a journalist to multitask is like asking Bo Jackson to play more than one sport, I mean come on.
4. The hundreds of voices on a website can’t compare to the two quality experts in a print or broadcast story.
5. Who needs to learn how to record audio when you can write?
6. Interactivity is just a fancy word for communism.
7. There will always be an intern that will do it for cheap.
8. The Pulitzer committee won’t see your story if its on the net.
9. Computers cause cancer.
10. Journalism is dead anyway.